Friday, January 28, 2011

I hear my son playing his Tom Delonge Epiphone guitar without an amp in his room. I can't believe how much it sounds like the Aria Pro II XR-Series Electrics. I do not understand why the tone sounds like a Gibson ES-335 type guitar. There are no semi-hollow body or hollow body wings. It even has the Strat-like tremolo bridge.

It seems like this guitar should have that Strat sound, sort of a reverb-like sound coming from the echo of the springs. It sort of has that, but the overall sound is more like a Gibson. I guess I'd better re-measure the scales of both guitars to see if that has anything to do with it:

The Aria Pro II XR-Series Electrics scale is about 25.5 inches.
The Tom Delonge Epiphone scale measures a little more than 24.5 inches.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment