Sunday, October 31, 2010

I've copied a simple lizard shape from a national logo, modifying the outline to match this guitar, and have started painting it on the guitar body. The lizard tail curls along the bottom of the guitar, which makes the general guitar shape look really long. I remember that very bright white is a color that shows up well from a dark stage, especially if the bright white is surrounded by a dark color, so I'm filling in the lizard shape with a Testors model very bright white acrylic lacquer right over the black nitro-cellulose lacquer background. Later, I'll make some black markings inside the lizard outline. This is a very simple design -- no artistic awards here! I'm intentionally making the edges of the lizard fuzzy and the surface bumpy, streaked, and brushed to give as much of a three-dimensional effect as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment