Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The third guitar I'll be working on has no brand logo on either headstock or body. I have looked in several catalogues, and I cannot find a similar headstock anywhere. The guitar is a Strat copy. Most of the hardware is not of great quality. The bridge, though, is both heavy metal and full-floating with two posts, but the tremolo block is thin, and the claws/springs cheap. There is a music store price tag attached which lists the instrument for $49. The pickups are fairly strong single coil pickups with a broken pickup switch and loose output jack. The body looks like plywood. Scale is 25.5 inches; radius is close to 7.25 inches. Body damage is limited to dents, dings, and scrapes. Both the neck and fretboard are worn maple.

I intend to compound the radius somewhat, but flatten it overall. I will refinish the body with black nitro-cellulose lacquer, leaving the black pickguard. I'll replace the pickup switch and tighten the output jack. I also plan to modify the shape so I can get my hand farther up the fretboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment