Sunday, March 20, 2011

Preliminary work done on the Jackson Performer guitar I got in Waco a few weeks ago:

I repositioned the neck so that it is squarer with the guitar body. I had to shim it, drill pilot holes, and carefully tighten each of the screws, which took one hour. My goal was to adjust the neck so that there was exactly 4.0 mm space on each side of each of the "E" strings at the 22nd fret. So far, I have only been able to adjust the neck so that there is 3.5 mm of space on the bass side and 4.5 mm of space on the treble side. The low "E" string still seems to pop off the fretboard if I'm not careful, but otherwise the guitar plays great, although the action may still be a little high. I also tightened one strap button, added black color to the body to cover the scars and scrapes, and re-strung the guitar so that the strings are wound correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment